Please check back often to this page for updates on virtual camp and camp financial matters.
Resources on Grief, Loss, and Resilience Due to Covid-19 Summer Camp 2020 Closures
“Hope cannot be canceled, care will not be postponed, and the benefits of camp to everyone’s well being will persist beyond this challenging time.”– American Camp Association, 2020
Counselors/Youth and Adult Staff:
For Youth Campers, Families, and All Staff:
- Message from the UUA President: Practices of Self-Care and Resilience
- On Viruses, Summer Camp, and the Virtue of Unselfishness Podcast
- David Kessler and Brené on Grief and Finding Meaning Podcast
- A short video from Deborah Gilboa, MD on how to talk to your child grieving the loss of their canceled summer camp.
- Helping Our Kids Manage Disappointment Over Cancelled Summer Plans
- Responding to Change and Loss – English (National Alliance for Grieving Children)
- Respondiendo Al Cambio Y Perdida – Spanish (National Alliance for Grieving Children)
Please contact any of the people below with questions, comments or if you just need to talk